Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who is GOD to YOU.... It Shouldn't Matter What GOD is to Me......

I once had a friend tell me that he was afraid for me, because he didn't want me to go to hell. It honestly offended me. As he was sitting there laying out christian beliefs that I already knew about and studied, I became even more irritated. I have great pride in the fact that I have forged my own belief, concept, and personal relationship GOD. I'm definitely not a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Agnostic, Atheist, or member of any other formulaic and dogmatic religious sect, nor do I believe in any of them. Although I do believe religions are separatist movements. My concept of the GODs are different than others, yet, I don't judge you for believing in those bible stories that really seem as far-fetched as a Paul Bunyan tall-tale. I once had a co-worker tell me, for a person who thinks he knows about GOD you really don't know much. I had to scoff at that. For one, I never claimed to have an expert opinion of who or what GOD is, only what my concept of the supernatural being is. Secondly, neither do you, you walk by faith and not by sight, really, who does that. If I told you that I just saw the mythical unicorn, you would say I have to see it to believe it, right. Yet and still I don't have a problem with any person living by those principles if that is what works for you; I respect you and your belief system. I do have a problem when you denigrate my beliefs. I don't need the bible or any other so-called inspired by GOD religious texts to tell me I should live a moral life. I think that is the basic principle in the cosmic/karmic rule of law. It matters not to me whether you are a Muslim, Christian, Atheist, or Roman Catholic. What matters to me is that we respect each other and each others beliefs, for no mortal person walking this earth knows what lies after death, we can only speculate.....

6 comments:

  1. As an atheist, I try my best to value other peoples opinion regarding. I don't know what's after this so, I try and live my life accordingly. I try to live my life in away that is both beneficial for me and humanity. I agree with how you see the world as it relates to god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, that's what it is all about. As humans we should always strive to live a moral and ethical life; one that helps and not hurts others. We don't need religion for that, that is common sense. I have had numerous conversations with religious people, and they shun me for my beliefs, yet I respect them for theirs. To me that is what it is all about tolerance and respect for each other. Your point is well taken Council. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammie Derrell HollowayMarch 11, 2011 at 6:09 AM

    as a CHRISTIAN I understand that we don't know for sure what happens after death but what i do understand in my faith is that christianity is much more than a religion, it's a lifestyle and the Bible speaks to PRACTICING righteousness as a lifestyle, personally i would rather live my life according to these rules and regulations and find out that it wasnt what i thought it to be, than to live my life not according to these rules and regulations and find myself subject to them- i still lived righteous and still held myself to a certain moral standard only i let the BIBLE set those boundaries,this doesnt mean that I'm not constantly learning more about my self and my faith, so i do mess up but i dont dwell on it nor do I continue in my wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much respect for your comment Sam.

    ReplyDelete