Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Purpose

Ok, so for my first post I would like to address why I decided to create this blog. I usually have quite a few random thoughts floating around upstairs and I thought I would share them. I would like to say to everybody who may join or follow that this is not a politically correct blog. It is a blog of free thought and progressive thinking as stated in the description. The goal is to bring great minds together and just maybe we can come up with some solutions to the many disastrous problems that plague not only the Black community, (although I must say it is the main focus) but all communities around the world. A very broad range of topics will be discussed. I have had the fulfilling opportunity to be able to experience various cultures and I must say that very few are as destructive and hedonistic as the Black American. This blog will address many issues in an objective and subjective manner, without hate or prejudice. The books and albums that you see are just a few of the many that I have read and listened to that have helped shape my own very personal ideology. Maybe they can help you, maybe not. I don't have an aim to convert you to my way of thinking, but maybe we can help each other become better and more open minded people.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe we should take a look at the way we have accepted the negative views that other races have of us. The reflection of that onto those of "us" that try to rise above the surroundings that give us little to no hope.Is that you either laughed at or called a sell out

    ReplyDelete
  2. SN Kanye is one those artist that force you to look at what's really cool thru different lens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! One suggestion; some of the music is hard to read, and would be cool if you could click on the cd. OR I could get stronger glasses, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A colleague of mine said something in a meeting today that I think intersects perfectly with the purpose of your blog, especially your selection of books. He said that "we must be about creating a culture of education" at all times, in all circumstances, in all communities. Maybe if those of us who are "educated" would commit to "educating" the masses then that would be a perfect start. But then the question becomes...how do we get the "educated" to commit to "educating" by any means necessary? Mmmmm...always questions. -Preselfannie

    ReplyDelete