Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mother Jailed For Sending Her Children To A Better School

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-mom-jailed-sending-kids-school-district/story?id=12763654

Always a very hot topic of discussion and debate is the educational system in America. I came across this article of a Black woman being imprisoned for sending her kids to a better school outside of her district. The first emotion that registered throughout my body was rage. I was extremely upset and borderline nauseous with what I perceived as another act of blatant racism in America. Sometimes, I must admit I do think with emotion first and then rationalization. I found no justification for this Black woman who is twelve credit hours away from a degree in education to be sent to jail. I thought not only was she sent to jail for something so disgraceful but they gave her an "F". That is a felony. Really? So, now her career is in jeopardy, because you can't be an educator with a felony on your record. Can you believe the school set up a sting operation with a private investigator as well as hired a lawyer to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law. So, the question is was the school targeting her along with this being another case of racism?

1 comment:

  1. BOTH, It could be perceived as misuse of school funds. But i think that she has a great chance to make that school system to a good look at its approach to EQUAL education. This makes me think of my years at REHS seems that the better the school district was the more kids tried to prove they were HOOD. Now being a parent i feel that what happens or doesn't happen at home will be reflected at school.

    ReplyDelete