Friday, February 25, 2011

Dr. Ben Carson: Gifted Hands

Today's Black History video of the day is about one of the most inspiring Black men that my generation has seen. His name is Dr. Ben Carson, he is Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. His story is inspirational, especially for young Black children. I was 11 years old when my mother gave me his book Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story. I was surprised to see how many similarities there were between us as kids, we came from similar backgrounds, as do many other young Black inner-city kids. This was the first man to show me that I can achieve anything I wanted to through hard work and determination. His book is one of my most prized possessions, and his teachings are some of the most valued lessons I have learned.





No comments:

Post a Comment