Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Deal Slavery...

It has been awhile since I have personally wrote a blog. My focus as of late has been to bombard readers of this site with news stories from various sources rather than implement my ideas, personal thoughts, and ideology. My purpose has always been to relay important information from mainstream as well as alternative news sources and let the readers sift through the info and come to their own conclusions. Has that happened, I would like to think so, I surely do hope so. My life as of late has been very comfortable, notably because I chose to take a chance and leave the USA. As an expat living in a foreign country, I have been able to experience and see things, along with save a little bit of money, which I never would have had the chance to do if I were still living in the USA. I have for as many years as I have been living abroad tried to get as many educated Black people to take a leap of faith with me and leave what is now seemingly a crumbling country. Although the days of me trying to convince others to leave their beloved country are over, I still find it vastly important to pass on the message to Black people that we need to become more international in our endeavors. The unemployment rate is at a record high with no job creation. Many times mainstream news outlets submit numbers of jobs added to the economy, but that doesn't take into account the jobs that were lost during that same time period. The unemployment numbers have been astronomical. Within the white community unemployment stands at 8%, the hispanic community 11%, and the Black community a staggering 16%, overall that is an unfathomable 35%.  With the recent passage of the incongruous debt ceiling bill, Black people stand to lose even more of what was fought for in the ugly days of civil rights. It seems as though the days of discrimination is rearing its head once again. Because the job pool is so shallow, employers can essentially hire whomever they want using discriminatory practices if they like, and chalk it up to their just not being enough jobs. The very fabric of Black society in america is once again coming unraveled. Black home and business ownership is drying up and we are not producing enough educated people to swim to generational security. Jay-Z once used, a profound phrase, "hustling backwards". This backwards hustling is exactly what will make history repeat itself. Black people we must expound on the current crisis that is destroying our well-being and try to work towards alternative solutions outside of governmental control. Black people we must also expand beyond the confines of the USA or, we may be headed for the "New Deal Slavery".

No comments:

Post a Comment